Sunday, June 2, 2013

I don't know if you have her circled but I thought you might enjoy this post.

I don't know if you have her circled but I thought you might enjoy this post.

Originally shared by Jessica Clark-McDowell

It's always so neat when you know you are reaping something... Today, my husband and I took our youngest to the Dairy Queen and a man, who was clearly homeless, rode up on his bike with a pizza. There were some young girls staring at him and making fun of him and my heart just broke for him; but since I was already sad, I didn't bother to reach out to him like I normally would. However, he reached out to me.. As we were sitting there keeping to ourselves, he began to talk to us. I still didn't even really look at him out of fear of crying but Cory politely responded and chatted with him. Then, he got up and came to our table and gave our daughter a piece of his pizza. He said it was his 60th birthday and he was celebrating with pizza and ice cream. I realized how most people would have taken that gesture but I knew how priceless it was. This man took a risk of being rejected and ridiculed to show us love. He didn't have much but what he did have he felt led to share with us. When I looked up I saw God in his eyes and my heart was able to open up again and remember what we're here for, what the free store is here for, why AID exists. 

I couldn't even count how many homeless people I've helped; but, I can count how many have helped me - 2. The first was Joe, he was a special guy who used to always go on and on about how he was going to receive thousands of dollars for something. After years of helping him, the money (we thought was made up) came and he donated all of it to our ministry, every penny! 




"And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. So He said, 'Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.'" Luke 21:1-4

2 comments: