Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pease share. Here there and everywhere...


Pease share. Here there and everywhere...

Originally shared by Jenn Lawson

Wow! Please share this, and help it go viral!

(This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Alvaro Munera’s career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this otherwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.
 Torero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: “And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth.”)

8 comments:

  1. yes i would love to share this info and pict

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK I've seen it before and thought it was interesting.I guess it's not unheard of for a matador to lose his taste for the kill. I shared it mostly because it's the op's birthday and she asked for reshares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the picture is just captivating I think too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh snap, maybe it wasn't even her birthday... (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, Lee Mitchell. I never liked bullfighting. It doesn't strike me as much of a sport. The "act of defiance" shows a lack of respect for the bull or his life. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an internet hoax. The guy did denounce bull fighting but not during a match.

    ReplyDelete