Sunday, June 30, 2013

I would like to share this with everyone - but also I would very much like everyone to share their thoughts with me

I would like to share this with everyone - but also I would very much like everyone to share their thoughts with me
-" the desire to learn from where humans came, where humankind is going, and if humans are alone in the great expanse of outer space — may at its foundation be thought of as spiritual and religious."
#sacredsunday   #sciencesunday  
http://suite101.com/article/nasa-astronauts-religion-in-space-controversies-a206289

3 comments:

  1. interesting, so we will see some great conflict over this,

    IF we truly believe every human has the right to live as they choose without fear, condemnation, sanction or censorship then an astronaut who has a faith should be able to express the faith they own, publicly!

    if there is attempt by that astronaut to manipulate and use a position of power or fame to publicise something, anything! that should be controlled with care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we believe that ? One side would silence Neal DeGrasse Tyson and Nye while the other would file lawsuits to silence the astronauts. I would like to think we can learn to respect and tolerate each other.Maybe if we start now, someday we can succeed.

    ReplyDelete