Thursday, April 3, 2014

The article seems biased but it's hard to disagree with.

The article seems biased but it's hard to disagree with.
But what the heck -
People do seem to be way more wackydoodle these days...

Originally shared by Scott Swain

Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? According to the newest addition of the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), it certainly is. The manual identifies a new mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD. Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.
http://themindunleashed.org/2013/11/nonconformity-and-freethinking-now.html

6 comments:

  1. Damn.  That's about the 10th new diagnosis they have invented to fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR-M2 I'd need a spirograph to draw a Venn Diagram of my personalities. I wonder if they have one in 3-D ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ODD diagnosis means that the pharmaceutical companies can start marketing psychotropics to parents of two year olds.  The terrible two's fit that list of symptoms perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do understand - but I can't help but feel that it fits me too as well as a whole bunch of people on the internet. Want to see my fb friends list ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a fb friends list?  That's proof that you are a conformist.

    ReplyDelete