Tuesday, April 8, 2014

#gigglesnort


#gigglesnort
If you only read one post all day + go see the original #notenoughplussesintheworld

Originally shared by Robin Griggs Wood

Peeved
(a message from the streets)
Dear Alan Shapiro, I have a furcula to pick with you.
I have seen all the resplendent avian models you turn into superstars with a flick of your Wacom stylus and I, quite frankly, am a little miffed that you don't choose the lowly city pigeon to work your processing prestidigitation upon. I mean, who needs a bit of your artistic alchemy more than we do?! Right?

Yes, I understand that I don't have a dome comb, bill frills or ruff fluff (admittedly, I'm only fluffy after I've spent three hours preening out the Mountain Dew that someone sprayed from a shaken can at me).

Yes, I realize that my colors can only be seen when someone takes pity on me and drags the Vibrancy slider in Lightroom so far over to the right that alarms go off and a big message pops up that says, "Do you really want to do this?! If so, please put on protective eye-wear and click 'Continue'."

Yes, I know that people call us "flying rats" and make us the punchline of New Yorker cartoons. Yes, I know that pigeons were brought to America in the 1600s by Europeans to be used as mere food and that we walk like " Night at the Roxbury - Car Ride " fanboys.

With all of that, surely you can see something needs to be done about our image! 
I call upon the wizard of winged wondrosity right here and now ('cuz like, dood, I keep trying to get your attention on the street, but I think you thought I was after the cheese-paper under your foot) and demand equal rights for the uncomely and ignoble. Even turkeys have gotten better billing.



#NoOneReadsHashtags
#YouAreProbablyNotReadingThisHashtagEither
#PigeonsDeserveABreak
#MissingLeeDanielsBigTime












–––––
Love posting to themes? You might enjoy these great themes with excellent curators! Themes and hashtags are not necessarily about getting more attention, but are a valuable indexing method, which help others find relevant posts via clickable links as well as a great way to meet like-minded people. I tend to only promote those themes with active, caring curators.

#TextureBlendTuesday with thanks to Gemma Costa
#birds4all curated by Walter Soestbergen Ricky L Jones & Birds4All
#birdloversworldwide curated by Robert SKREINER  BIRD LOVERS Worldwide
#hqspanimals #hqspbirds #birdsgallery #birdsinfocus #btpbirdpro  
#rgwoodpost #photography #googleplusphotos #textureblendphotography



.


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Please feel free to ask me,
if you would like any of my images 
available for print at robingriggswood.com

If you would like to view any of my albums here at G+,
you may access them directly via this backdoor link
 ––> https://plus.google.com/photos/+RobinGriggsWood/albums <–– 
instead of using the tab on my profile.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ted kelly.. got a good laugh out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR! Connie Hollenden I was grinning like a fool Cheshire Cat. This was welcome break from the endless stream of motivational self feel memes extolling the virtues of cutting people out of you life and walking away from relationships. I so want to make one that says "Friends are a good thing to have - don't give up on them just because they're harshing your buzz." (or something like that)

    ReplyDelete