Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ryan


Ryan,
I took the liberty of porting this over here. I hope that's okay ?

Day 145: As I begin my first full day in the state of Virginia, I find myself thinking about all the beautiful souls I've encountered over the past few months. I've met, and said goodbye to, literally thousands of people since I left Los Angeles in February. Lately, I've begun to analyze the language that people use when parting ways. "Be safe," "Take care," "Be careful," and my favorite "Don't get hit by a car!" Regardless of how positive and upbeat our conversations are, it seems that the overwhelming majority of people who stop to talk are programmed to toss a final feeling of worry or doubt my way.
Now, I know what many of you are thinking. "But we CARE about you and we want to see you complete your goal!" Then, I ask, why would you project your fears out upon me? By doing so, you are literally visualizing a negative outcome and then breathing life into it with your words. By dictionary definition, neither worry nor concern is a product of love. Both are born out of fear.
Thankfully, you get to choose where your attention goes. Instead of shining your spotlight on that which you do not want, point out that which you do. "Have fun!" "Be incredible!" "Create beauty!" "Live inspired!" These are the kinds of parting comments that I love to hear and leave me feeling hopeful and excited.
So as I leave behind my beloved Tennessee, I say farewell and leave you with one final parting comment: be courageous. #WalkingAcrossAmerica   
VIRGINIA! Come say hi! Ryanray.com/map. 
Can you help me get a shower or a place to sleep? Sign up to host or learn more at: raynray.com/host

3 comments: