Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I am a veteran. I reserve the right to have an opinion about this article. Not because I'm a veteran mind you, people like me have preserved your right to voice your opinion on it. No, I have that right because I read the article.

I am a veteran. I reserve the right to have an opinion about this article. Not because I'm a veteran mind you, people like me have preserved your right to voice your opinion on it. No, I have that right because I read the article.
If you believe that you can say something about this then I have just one question for you. Did you even bother to read it ? Because if you didn't take the time to read it, then please don't bother.
http://www.newsweek.com/its-time-haul-down-another-flag-racist-hate-361929

11 comments:

  1. I'd say probably 99% of the internet savvy peeps just bitching up a storm all over the place either didn't know or forgot. Of course that's a perfect reason to scream bloody murder - not reading it before grabbing the caps lock...
    I myself got kicked out of gym class in '69 for wearing a copper MIA wrist  band though, to be honest.  Boys don't wear bracelets, dontcha know ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of Vietnam was before my time (I was born in 1974), and I grew up in a different country, so I really didn't experience any of the poiltics of it.  I've read history about it, and read some books, but its not the same as living thru it at any level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that we should learn from history, or repeat it. They also say that when you're deep in a hole you should stop digging. 
    It's funny how things can get twisted both around and also together. Life's like that I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave DeBaeremaeker the "take away" is probably not lost on you though, I'd guess.
    War is bad for children and other living things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. War sucks, and fighting one makes everyone concerned an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read of Agent Orange and Napalm, but don't remember reading about Tiger Cages.

    Apart, I find something silly about war - especially wars fought in SE Asia (Far East to Americans).

    What is that about wars fought there that people still hark back to it in so divisive terms?

    China on Japanese brutal Nanking Massacre.
    Korea on the Sex Slaves issue.
    Japan itself on Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
    Americans and 'Nam - especially MIA/POW.
    The Killing Fields of Cambodia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ted kelly Do you in USA have 'One Rank One Pension (ORAP)'?  That is a 'Nam Vet gets the same pension as the guy with the same rank retiring ''today'?

    Reason I want to know is this ORAP is all the rage back home in India these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think so. Homelessness among Vietnam Vets is all the rage here these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ted kelly That's one of the rage which is hamstringing our Parliament this season. :-(

    ReplyDelete