Friday, June 20, 2014

This album is not from the scavenger hunt. It is however a winner regardless.

This album is not from the scavenger hunt. It is however a winner regardless.

Originally shared by Michelle Smith

My Babies have left the nest
Back on June 5th , I shared a post about the discovery of a nest of Baby Robins. Nancy Levan and others were interested in seeing them grow.
Did you know....
That the nesting period is only 13 days?
If I had known I would have tried to get more captures. However, I remembered, a chat I had with, Windy Sawczyn , and did not want the parents to abandon the babies, or upset them, in anyway. ;-) 
Some of the pictures are not the best~ I was nervous because I had read, that both parents aggressively defend the nest~ 
For more interesting facts here are a couple of links:
http://www.wild-bird-watching.com/Robins.html#sthash.PPPIPyGC.U14E0cDf.dpbs

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/american_robin/id

I have looked around to see if I can find them, no luck yet.... will keep an eye open for them ~ :-D

#birdloversworldwide by +Robert SKREINER
+BIRD LOVERS Worldwide
#Birds4All by Ricky L Jones & Walter Soestbergen (Birds4All)
 #hqspbirds HQSP Birds curated by Philippe Avenel Suzi Harr Mark Rayner Andy Brown
#babybirds   #robins  







No comments:

Post a Comment