Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Originally shared by Robert Scoble

Originally shared by Robert Scoble

2,998 active Google+ers

Welcome to all the new people who are showing up here.

We hope you become active, but the first step to being active yourself is finding people to read.

I only circle people who are:

1. Active.
2. Posting interesting stuff, to me.
3. Are easily categorizable (i.e. I can figure out what circle to put them on, although I do have a circle called "uncategorizable").
4. Have a well-filled out bio and a non-default photo. You might think that's not important, but I only want to follow people who CARE about their public image. Doing those two things says you care (I have made exceptions, but only for people who have extraordinary content).

Anyway, I'm sharing now for the first time my favorite 2,998 Google+ users. These are people I've spent hundreds of hours finding. They are in one of these circles:

Tech journalists or tech-centric blogs.
Geeks and programmers.
Tech executives or entrepreneurs.
Photographers or videographers.
Designers or artists.
PR, marketing, or social media experts.
Rackspace employees.
Friends (people who I would buy a beer for).
Broadcasters and podcasters.
Tech analysts.
Google+ community leaders.
Smart people I like listening to, but don't fit into one of the above categories.

Most of them are folks who are "tech passionate." In other words, folks who often engage on the geekier side of life.

Please, if you think you fit into one of the above categories and I'm not yet following you, please let me know (post a comment below).

To see them, by the way, visit my profile at https://profiles.google.com/scobleizer and look under "in Robert's circles" for the "View all" link.

No comments:

Post a Comment