Friday, September 23, 2011

Circle this guy - he posts awesome every damn day...

Circle this guy - he posts awesome every damn day...

Originally shared by ****

The Scorpion and the Frog (with a twist)
-j.c.kendall

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion raises its stinger, but before striking,
the frog continues to swim, but says: “Though it is your nature to sting, it need not be your destiny." "Is a scorpion all that you can be, or is it only all you know?”

The scorpion relaxed its stinger and pondered the question of destiny.As the frog reached the stream shore, the scorpion climbed down from the frog and the scorpion at that moment was transformed into a lovely golden bird,with wings that could take it to heights unknown.

As the bird poised to fly away, it paused to ask the frog:
“Why did you risk danger to help a scorpion?” The frog replied:
“I would like to be a bird also, and I am trying to get God’s attention.” “But my nature is impatience and anger; so God does not hear my prayers”

As the bird flies away, it reminds the frog:
“It may be your nature, but it need not be your destiny.”

2 comments: