Saturday, November 8, 2014

Please take a moment to help.


Please take a moment to help. 

Originally shared by Amanda Park

This hit home because hours later after seeing it, a scared, cold yet friendly russian blue looking grey cat came to my window as I'm still awake and can't sleep and knocked on my window, and mewed, asking for help. It wasn't aggressive, like a cat asking to be let in.
I am so upset right now, I am almost brought to tears. It has started snowing. It is below freezing outside. We may have our first real snow fall this weekend. I go outside and this cat starts to come to me, but I hesitate. So it retreats to a distance to watch me and slowly slinks away around the corner. I go back inside and explain what happened to my husband and he says, don't tell me that, I won't be able to sleep. I tell him I am about to cry. This cat knows people, came to us maybe because I left the porch light on, and is looking to humans for shelter. It's obviously not completely feral, looks and acts like a house cat. 

So we throw together a shelter out of a box and blankets in case it doesn't find it's way back home or was abandoned and comes back. Maybe it won't freeze to death. It's first week of November so it's possible its family moved out and left it. People move a lot around here.

I am just beside myself, because I feel like it came to me to help. It was 3 in the morning. No one else is likely awake even if it still has owners living nearby. What would you do? What should we do? I suppose we did more than most would with the small shelter by the window/storeroom on our porch where it came looking earlier. At least now any seeking shelter have a chance.

Why is it outside when it is freezing and snowing? If it is someone's cat, why? Why do people do this? We are not out in the country. It gets dangerously cold here and winter is long.

Doesn't look like I'm getting much sleep while it's dark now, maybe some sleep in the morning. Just hate that people do this to animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment