Sunday, July 20, 2014

Ooooh - some good stuff here, really...

Ooooh - some good stuff here, really...

Originally shared by Swee Oh

Fund Raising - selling my prints

Hi everyone, this is something I would not normally do, but I have thought long and hard about it and have decided to share this. 2 weekends ago the most painful thing happened to me while I was out on a photowalk with some visiting photographer friends. While taking a long exposure shot by the coast, a sudden gust of wind blew my tripod, Canon 5D Mark III and 17-40mm lens into the water.  The camera fell and hit the rocks so hard that the lens broke off from the camera body. Everything happened so fast. I had made sure my tripod was steady after the setup unfortunately as I turned to get my filter, in a split second the wind knocked my tripod over, fell a good 6 ft, hitting the rocks. The next thing I knew, my camera was already in the water, I was in a state of shock, stood there helpless as I watched the waves went over the exposed camera body. I climbed down the slippery rocks as fast as I could, picked up the tripod, pick up my lens and my camera and as I poured the salt water out from the broken body, It was painful as I felt like I lost a part of me. It was painful when I rinsed the body with distilled water to clean out the salt water and bits of seaweed when I got home. It was only camera I owned. I sent the camera and lens immediately to Canon the next day, with the hopes I could have them repaired at an affordable price. Unfortunately, I received news they could not be saved due to salt water damage.  The timing could not have happened at a worse time, as I am planning to pursue Architecture photography full time once my day job ends in September.  Due to some financial setbacks, its tough for me to get a new full frame camera and replacement lens for now. So I am hoping to raise some funds in exchange of my prints. I do not expect to raise the amount I am looking for, but any funds from my purchased prints would help in every way. 

Please do take a look at my funding page for more details and pricing on the prints. Thank you all again for your support in my work!! Really appreciate it!!!

http://www.gofundme.com/bd1tzg
http://www.gofundme.com/bd1tzg

No comments:

Post a Comment