Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In the words of the great and famous photographer, Anonymous - the best camera is the one you have with you...

In the words of the great and famous photographer, Anonymous - the best camera is the one you have with you...
I think the same can be said for editing tools. I know that PS and LR and even GIMP are incredibly powerful but I think more along the lines of the ABCs.
Here's a shot I love. I liked it a little better when I touched it up with Pixlr and probably even hit it with some Paint.net some time back. Yesterday I heard about LightZone (thank Jess Newcomb ) and heck, I even use Snapseed and Picassa. All of these are cool, free and easy to use
What's in your wallet ?
(thanks to Kelly Head )


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about LightZone - will check into that.
    I'm running Ubuntu (Linux), though I will occasionally run Windoze in a virtual window strictly to use Lightroom. There are various editors I use in Ubuntu (gThumb, XNView, RawTherapee, DarkTable, GIMP) but I built up quite a number of tools into LR when previously using WinXP. I did use Paint.NET - it was a great PS alternative for layered work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capt. John Swallow  That was one of the plussiest replies I've ever had the pleasure to recieve. Tight sails to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...thank ye - and keep yer powder dry!

    ReplyDelete