Friday, October 28, 2011

I, Theodore Kelly, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I, Theodore Kelly, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I took this oath in June of 1975. I felt different afterwards. I still feel the same way. When people ask me why I vote, why I try to support a system that has so many problems and lately when they ask me why I protest, I tell them about this. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch my circle-ators. The constitution isn't going to protect itself.

The next time you see Occupy People in the news or on Youtube or in your city - Remember, "those people" are doing their patriotic duty. You should do what ever you can to support them.

1 comment: