Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Since it's that time of year, when you are sick of all the Christmas Junk out there but ...

Since it's that time of year, when you are sick of all the Christmas Junk out there but ...
Here's a challenge. bring on your most unusual and/or obscure #holidaymusic   and let's hear what doesn't  make you cringe.

This is both topical and tropical. I can't find a recorded copy of it anywhere and the band is long since lost to history. I got this off an old jukebox by holding my laptop by the speakers. It cost me a round of drinks to get everybody in the bar to shut up for three minutes.
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=I%20Want%20a%20CoCoa%20Beach%20Christmas

4 comments:

  1. A noble effort -- but I'd need a few drinks in me before I could enjoy this. :)

    But yes, the challenge. Good idea. The danger to avoid here is having this become simply a Dr. Demonto like collection of oddities. But I am interested in hearing what people might find. Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ted kelly I have tried - but not sure I succeeded until now, to gather somehow different winter and holiday related songs, making an advent calendar starting with 1-st of December. It's not my idea, followed Heiko Mahr 's original idea, he was the first posting for every December day.
    You are right, they are just the same jingles over and over at the supermarket, on the advertisements, everywhere.
    Still, as I commented before, getting closer to Christmas, I might get into the sledge, carols, etc area ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to the Trojan Christmas Reggae Box Set to decide which of its 50 songs is deserving on a post. at the moment, Santa Claus Is Ska-Ing to Town is sounding good.

    http://www.allmusic.com/album/trojan-box-set-christmas-reggae-mw0000740834

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll find my post over in the reggae section. I couldn't decide which song to pick, so found a playlist with 8 of the 50 songs. A bit of searching will find others.

    ReplyDelete