Sunday, December 2, 2012

I just got my ass handed to me on facebook. It seems that you my not use this as an example of first world problems because there is no evidence that she is crying about getting the wrong phone. Perhaps she is crying about something else and heck there is no gift wrapping paper in the picture so it seems that I am both gullible and a hater too.


I just got my ass handed to me on facebook. It seems that you my not use this as an example of first world problems because there is no evidence that she is crying about getting the wrong phone. Perhaps she is crying about something else and heck there is no gift wrapping paper in the picture so it seems that I am both gullible and a hater too. 
While I won't deny either of those things, I'd like to ask a favor. Can anyone find a reference to the actual situation depicted here. I have exhausted my search skills. 
PS I'm not really a hater. I just lay one on facebook sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. This is the earliest it seems, sadly they don't tell where they originally got it, there are thousands of images like this in various sites.  http://weknowmemes.com/2012/01/asked-santa-for-a-32gb-black-iphone/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether or not this image is photoshopped or taken in the proper context, I think we can all agree that any kid crying over a gift, especially a really cool smart phone, is an ingrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked this image because whatever scenario this is, she is just a kid and is not responsible for the situation she is in. It's us adults that need to be held accountable for the world we create for our children. No kid should have to carry this burden. It's unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iv'e never had children so I feel unqualified to comment on this image. I understand your meaning though. The prior discussion was more about the legitimacy of the image and the meme. There is no real reason to think she is crying about the phone at all. It was just as likely to be some other reason ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll agree that parents are partially responsible for their ungrateful children, but that doesn't change the fact that their children are ingrates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah okay, I missed that. It looks to me like she is crying from happiness of getting what she wanted. Who knows though?! It could be an actor doing a really good job!

    ReplyDelete