Monday, March 5, 2012

Moving Day for Occupy Palm Beach


Moving Day for Occupy Palm Beach

Occupy Palm Beach is being evicted this morning. One of the longest running occupations has joined the growing list of victims of the assault on the Constitution. Several arrests have been made. Reports vary (as they always seem to) from a few (WPBPD) to more than a dozen (onsite witnesses)

West Palm Beach Police and Palm Beach Co. Sheriffs Dept. teamed up to remove the brave protesters from the chilly site downtown. The eviction is going peacefully in comparison to other cities. In this picture some of the occupiers are being extricated from a balcony where they have locked themselves to the building.

8 comments:

  1. Everyone has the right to protest. No one has the right to Occupy what is not theirs. You call them victims, I call them users. You mentioned the Constitution... are you speaking up when your own President has violated it along with his Agencies like it doesn't even exist? That is a lot more scary than Occupy if you ask me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ours. We bought and paid for it. Then we negotiated with the city to stay there. Call us what you like. We defend our right and the right of others. And yes, we do speak truth to power. We vote, and call and mail. We travel to our capitols and sit down with our lawmakers. We don't just whine about stuff on the internet or call people names.
    (sorry for the rant) Everyone is free to express themselves here on this subject. Mic Check

    ReplyDelete
  3. ted kelly sorry Ted that you are taking what I wrote so personally. I also have a right to express my opinion, I don't think that it is a right that belong only to Occupy, do you? To bad, that you have failed to address what is presently going on with OUR Constitution, yes the ones that gives you and me our rights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacques Dupuis me too - I apologize - it was just the firts thing I saw this morning and I was cranky - you are right to a great extent and I was laying it on a bit thick.... we actually have a good relationship with our local cops and the city and will be continuing our efforts to be a positive influence on the movement...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ted kelly get ready for a positively good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacques Dupuis It IS a right to belong to Occupy, we have a constitutional right to peaceably assemble. YOU have failed to address what is presently wrong with our government, that abrogates our constitutional rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martin Espinoza I have failed??? Martin, where do you think the "real" issue is located at?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My apologies. Simply stated - I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete