Tuesday, March 20, 2012

+1

+1

Originally shared by Bliss Morgan

So, you guys have seen me talk about C. Corey Fisk before. You've seen me wax all glowing and girlcrushy about her because, frankly, she is crushable on pretty much all conceivable levels of crushability.

Beyond that, though... this woman is tough as shit and frakking brilliant.

If you follow her stream at all, you know that; she's one of the people at the forefront of the Virtual Photo Walks™ project, she agitates in favor of the disable, and she's also a fantabulous geek. And, of course, Corey is a writer.

She wrote much of this book several years ago, and it is finally coming to print. I have had the multifaceted honor of not only being able to read this book, but also to actively partake in working on making its sequel come into being. Memoirs of a Mouthy Dame -- Beyond Repair: Living with MS is, as I have told its author, an important book.

That's not quite right. It's an Important Book.

I don't know about you guys, but I used to have only the barest of familiarity with multiple sclerosis. I knew it was a thing, a disease, and it was the sort that if someone got it we'd talk about it with hushed whispers and sad demeanour. MS is, honestly, not something I'd talk about while jumping up and down and playing accordion. But thanks to Corey's book, I actually have a working knowledge of it without having felt like a moron while it was explained to me.

Even better, she was able to explain it to me in such a way that I giggled while I learned, and then this bold woman went on to ask questions I never would have asked - some of them because I wasn't consciously aware that I had such questions to ask.

Below is the link to Corey's book. It's currently 25% off until March 24, and I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this launch sale - if possible, by two or three copies, so that you can keep one for yourself and give the others away to friend show might otherwise try to steal it from you!

And if for some reason you don't have the money to snag this jewel of a book for yourself... please share this post. Hopefully one of your friends will buy it.

Then you can yoink their copy. ;)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/c-corey-fisk/memoirs-of-a-mouthy-dame%E2%80%93-beyond-repair:-living-with-ms/paperback/product-18935175.html

#NewBook #ReadThis #SharingAwesomeness #DeadTree #OMGyay
http://www.lulu.com/shop/c-corey-fisk/memoirs-of-a-mouthy-dame%E2%80%93-beyond-repair:-living-with-ms/paperback/product-18935175.html

No comments:

Post a Comment