Thursday, May 5, 2016

The I’ll Go With You Pledge:

The I’ll Go With You Pledge:

1- I pledge to pay attention to the struggles and triumphs of trans people both in the national news, and in my own community.
2- I pledge to speak up against injustice. I will contact my elected representatives to make sure they know I support equity, justice and fairness for trans people in my country, state, city and neighborhood.
3- I pledge to advocate for the use of trans-inclusive language and practices in my community. I will not wait for a trans person to bring up issues like pronouns and bathroom safety. I am empowered to effect change.
4- I pledge to wear my #illgowithyou gear responsibly. I will avoid verbal and physical violence while wearing my button. I will consider my own safety first in any risky situation. I am a witness, a buffer, and an advocate – in that order.
5-I pledge to speak for myself and my experiences only. I promise to never tell any part of a trans person’s story without their explicit request.
http://www.illgowithyou.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment