Wednesday, May 25, 2016

DOF - I tried to avoid other themes and include as much a practical, both foreground and background that were outside the "circle".


DOF - I tried to avoid other themes and include as much a practical, both foreground and background that were outside the "circle".
WPP2016 - Week 22 - Depth of field (DOF)

+Ken Fowkes, Alen Ianni , Tim Kennedy , Robyn King , Rob Masters , Bernhard Rembold , Byron S , Francesco Scaglioni , Alicia Smith , Grandma Snyder , Navin Upendran and Mary Wardell

#WPP2016
#WPP2016-Wk-22-Depth-of-field-(DOF)

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting POV and and great DOF ted kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way that the pots and floral shapes ( in and out of focus ) mimic each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when people get me to look back again but in a different way at things. Thanks you Francesco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - what I like is the way your image moves from right to lerft and not just the usual forward to back if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great observation Mary. I shot it in manual mode from a monopod and tried a couple of different focus points. While I was evaluating my options and angles though at one point I had the LCD on and the camera sitting on a beanbag. While the AF was wandering around I noticed the same thing. If I moved a foot to the left or right and I got the usual in/out sort of queasy feeling but from this spot it just seemed lively somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great composition, Ted. As the others have said, it's unique. Clever planting idea with the succulents in a hanging pot.. don't believe I've ever seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really interesting take. I like the interplay of the shapes, and the brick wall in the background really helps pop this for me.

    ReplyDelete