Thursday, March 24, 2016

Does this picture "speak" to you ? Does it imply a story to you, or do you hate it ? I'd like to get your take on it. Even if it's a simple, "Meh"...


 Does this picture "speak" to you ? Does it imply a story to you, or do you hate it ? I'd like to get your take on it. Even if it's a simple, "Meh"...
 It was a dreary and drizzly day and I was starting to feel my inner "fine art photographer" emerging. If only I had dried off my lens this shot might have worked.
 It was washed out, out of focus and unusable. Obviously, a perfect candidate for "sketching"  I tossed it out long ago, but google kept a copy in my photos. 
I used GIMP to emboss it and then layered a posterized copy on top. I boosted the colors and contrast and set it at about 80%. Then I used the stained glass filter in G'MIC several different way that I hated. After a few tries I managed to  get this.
Feel free to critique from a processing or artistic position all you want. Write a story or ask a question. Original image available below if you want to play with it yourself.   
https://goo.gl/v7Te3Q

8 comments:

  1. ted kelly I really like the stained glass filter, and images like this spur me to try everything! If I were to change anything it would be to crop it (remove about 1/4 of the left side) maybe boost the orange and reds, to accent the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it very much, so fabulous, lots of color nuances!
    I did not understand the clever words about camera or focus but this is beautiful, symbolic  picture! what are the creatures on right side???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Ferris Thank you and I think you're right. Actually is the same sort of day. Maybe I'll drive up there and start fresh ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. olga belov Thanks Mrs B. No critters in the picture. That's just a spot that was a little lighter. Maybe it shows different because it was closer to the camera too. 
    I found if I moved the sliders either way from that point the image either didn't have enough of a stained glass look or so much that you couldn't see what it was. I thought this way it sort of looked like spring time just starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ted kelly swing by and pick me up! Marysville, California is not out of your way, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every picture tells a story Theo, just differently for different people. Tells me I would like to take a train trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IKR ! Hope said those exact words last night,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Świat który widzimy jadąc drogą. Może być kolorowy. Widzimy te kolory albo nie widzimy. Ja widzę kolory wszędzie.

    ReplyDelete