Thursday, September 18, 2014

One of these days...

One of these days...

Originally shared by Erhard Baltrusch

I had to go travel up to Ohio 2 weeks ago and work on my customer's N-scale WW II layout. The chores were mainly wiring - made a mistake last time I was up there and cross-wired 2 DCC sections; not good... So this time I made things right and also did some minor work on his H0-scale layout (more about that in another video, maybe in November). With all shorts sorted out and the staging wired correctly, I could enjoy a flawless testing session and had a happy customer. Also re-programmed the customer's class V36 diesel made by Minitrix which can run smoothly now, both in switching and mainline mode. He has another, even smaller diesel switcher made by Lemke/Hobbytrain, a class V20 that needed to be converted to DCC. Thanks to the built-in 6-pin interface and a Digitrax DZ125IN decoder, that was a piece of cake :-).
The clips were filmed with my Canon EOS T3i, so you might hear some noise during focusing in some scenes. Whish there was a firmware upgrade that muffles that sound...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdLf_udF3uA&feature=autoshare

No comments:

Post a Comment