Monday, July 22, 2013

Guilty as charged. How about it writers, editors and literary agents, can you circle up to a friend of mine ?

Guilty as charged. How about it writers, editors and literary agents, can you circle up to a friend of mine ?

Originally shared by Sheila Schilling-Kreutner

Advice from a friend: "...buddy up with a fellow artiste and trade off on editing..."  Whew!  That's a pretty tall order.  Anyone able to hand off his baby to a nameless, faceless stranger with suspicious access to Jeff Herman's Guide to Publishers?  Hmmmm...

So here is the question: does anyone do this?  If so, how do you overcome Copyright Phobia?  Or am I the only one with trust issues?

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to know also if anyone is doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've long been told that it really benefits your writing.  The one time I did it I got very little beyond general feedback and it turned out my fellow "writer" had no grasp of punctuation so I picked nits for hours and ended up with little help in return. :(  I presume most people have a more positive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legbamel Not-Pop You should circle up to her. She's very nice to know and a little afraid of G+. She was the one singing to her kids a few weeks back, Ico Ico.

    ReplyDelete