Thursday, July 14, 2016

I ended up using XnView to do my conversion. LightZone just kept crashing. I think a new computer may be in order.


I ended up using XnView to do my conversion. LightZone just kept crashing. I think a new computer may be in order.

WPP2016 - Week 29 - B&W conversion

+Ken Fowkes, Alen Ianni , Tim Kennedy , Robyn King , Rob Masters , Bernhard Rembold , Byron S , Francesco Scaglioni , Alicia Smith , Grandma Snyder , Navin Upendran and Mary Wardell

#WPP2016
#WPP2016-Wk-29-B&W-conversion

6 comments:

  1. Thanks guys. I took a test shot in mono/auto and then switched to manual and back to color. That gave me a good reference point to begin.
    I didn't want my attention to be on the camera but trying to capture and express the feeling. The librarians were (as alway) most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got a chance to rework this with LightZone last night. I fiddled (for a long time) with it on a better screen with a more (much more) powerful processor and got it looking just like I wanted.

    I was aiming for "quiet", "intense", "serious", "institutional" and a look and feel that the few people there were very intently focused on the task at hand.

    The outcome was okay but this version turned out better. Now I'm sure that with just a little more time or maybe experience that a better tool could produce a better result. But I think I may have relearned a good lesson here.

    Don't hesitate to try different methods. The value is in the result, not in how you got there. This is counter-intuitive for me because I like to think that the trip is more important than the destination when it comes to actual IRL trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets easier with practice. I struggled when starting to learn about the intricacies of B&W conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for librarians! I love the look of this.

    ReplyDelete