Friday, January 16, 2015

I got a lot out of this weeks project. I started out thinking I just couldn't "do" macro. I don't have a fancy camera or macro lenses etc. So I tried a variety of things from extreme zooming to buying a magnifying glass with little luck.


I got a lot out of this weeks project. I started out thinking I just couldn't "do" macro. I don't have a fancy camera or macro lenses etc. So I tried a variety of things from extreme zooming to buying a magnifying glass with little luck.
Eventually I broke out a ruler and went to manual focus and - voila...
Week 2/26: Macro
#BWProject26 | Curated by Tisha Montgomery Brandon Luk Lauri Novak Alison Christensen

10 comments:

  1. Amazing details and metal feel with the processing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone. I did "shop in" the background and did a little fiddling with the shadow but other than that- just a desaturate and a little contrast boost...
    Oh wait - I did add a teeny touch of cartoon to enhance the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic result ted kelly! I really like that you have included your strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's best because then others feel free to share their ideas. That's usually how I learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Ted - it is one of the great things about G+

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great shot ted kelly  
    Just remember that little lection..
    If you don't even try you could never succeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work !! had the same issue this week as I don't have any macro equipment.

    ReplyDelete