Thursday, October 4, 2012

I understand how this would make some people uncomfortable. When I was in the army I felt a little squirmy during the invocations and suchlike. I have to wonder though if it's so important that you would demand that action be taken to protect your freedoms, would you also welcome the Westboro Baptists to cheer on the suicides ? They have freedoms too, right ?

I understand how this would make some people uncomfortable. When I was in the army I felt a little squirmy during the invocations and suchlike. I have to wonder though if it's so important that you would demand that action be taken to protect your freedoms, would you also welcome the Westboro Baptists to cheer on the suicides ? They have freedoms too, right ?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/military-proselytizing-army-chaplain_n_1930703.html?1349191867&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

4 comments:

  1. WQhile I don''t condone Christian Proselytizing, he IS a Chaplan , so his approach is to be expected. People often are spiritually beaten when feeling suicidal and he can only approach that in a way that he believes will uplift the spirit.  He did not run the session. He was asked to speak there. The fault is with the leader and organizer of the session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HuffPo might have spun it a bit too.They like to stir to poo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. One person, who exercised her right not to participate, is their source. I am sure the "trapped Buddhist" did not mind  much. LOL 

    Myself, I would be very uncomfortable. But you have a choice to make a spectacle of yourself or be a Roman in situations like that. My singing group often is asked to perform at church occasions and I dislike it. But I recognize no one is trying to do me harm. I respect the process for what it is. I don't say the prayers, or bless myself, or do the kneeing and all that jazz. I can, howvever, shake hands in a sign of peace and do other aspects. 

    I understand being pissed off. But, the Chaplain is not to blame. A Chaplain did what a Chaplain does :-)

    ReplyDelete