Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Do you bokeh ?

Do you bokeh ?

Originally shared by ted kelly

I played around with bokeh a lot last week. I started with all bokeh, but then without some clear element it's just too much. Then I danced around adding just a bit and then some more and threw in some plain old blur to sort of frame the bokeh parts. I went all the way to the "Fly" and had just one itty bit of it but that just didn't feel like enough.
So I chose the one that I felt had the best looking bokeh and used it to advance the notion that there is a story here. I hope the dreamy look of the picture ties in to the look of wide eyed amazement on my little owl buddy.
My first solid idea was the hedge trimmer one. I noticed the light shining off the leaves and thought - BOKEH ! So I set up a tripod and stuck on a lens hood, grabbed my remote and went back to work. You know how it goes though. I always look at any of my pictures and say. "I know I can do better". (sometimes I'm even right)




3 comments:

  1. I love bokeh. Nice job. I like that owl. He's very awake. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post to read ted kelly​! I really like the series of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth - you can tell he's not a night owl.
    Likewise Angela. I think I might even make a blog post out of it one day soon.

    ReplyDelete