Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I've given some thought to the Oregon militia/ranchers and their cause, actions and stuff, I won't pin a label on them or fault their opinions, I myself have "occupied" public space to protest one thing or another.

I've given some thought to the Oregon militia/ranchers and their cause, actions and stuff, I won't pin a label on them or fault their opinions, I myself have "occupied" public space to protest one thing or another.
I will say though that we should strongly discourage any person or group from taking up arms with the intention of harming our law enforcement people. I have issues with the training they receive and such, but we need to protect them, not shoot them. I would support very long prison terms for all of these folks.

4 comments:

  1. Prison terms for what, though? Legally carrying a weapon?

    It's a mess, what they're doing, for sure, but it's not illegal, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conspiracy to kill federal law enforcement officers should be illegal I think. They have openly stated and called for others to join them who are ready and willing to kill or be killed,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fundamentally different from murder. And conspiracy to defend oneself is quite a distance from conspiracy to murder.

    They have certainly put the powers that be in a difficult spot, but it's an intriguing one. My biggest problem is that the general response to this type of behavior is for the government to say, "Okay kids, no more toys." and start crying at press conferences to garner support for more gun control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who gets to write the history books on this.

    ReplyDelete