Friday, January 24, 2014

I need a little help here.

I need a little help here. 
I replied to an ad for app testers. I would have to open a developer account with Google and the fee would be refunded up front via PayPal. I'm hesitant to proceed because I Googled the name of the company and got back a big fat nothing.
Are there any developers or Google Peeps who could take a peek at the email. Have any of you done anything like this with good (or bad) results? Is there a resource I'm missing ? Anything ?

3 comments:

  1. Got no clue ted kelly but good luck and post about it.. I would like to know about that

    ReplyDelete
  2. The General Rule of Thumb - any 'company' that wants money from you to work for them is a scam. If they were legit, they would gladly setup a Goog account for you. The second Red Flag in this is they would have access to your Paypal account. I'd run from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from all of what Howard Eldridge says, usually the 'testers' are expected to 'buy' the apps to test.  More money down the drain.  

    2.  From what I understand 'testers' are expected to give a '4' or '5' rating. !!??!!  Not clear on what will happen if 'tester' finds the app is junk.

    If you take the plunge, let us know ;-)

    ReplyDelete