Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I got this text msg. on my phone today. I posted it and asked if any of my "friends" wanted to click on it for me. I questioned if it might be legit ???


I got this text msg. on my phone today. I posted it and asked if any of my "friends" wanted to click on it for me. I questioned if it might be legit ???
~ You know, like a joke ~
The only one who advised against it was a google buddy. Several of them offered the opinion that it was a real fb warning. One cited a case of her daughter getting one and even one of my computer savvy peeps missed all the signs.
(sigh)
Be careful out there. Fishing is always in season.
Thank you and for zucks sake ~ if anyone feels froggy and goes there -
Do Not enter your username and password.

4 comments:

  1. "Dear whatever user" is simply too vague to be legit. Everything is a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read recently that a lot of scammers are switching from phone calls to text messages. iPhone users were warned about pop-ups that warn you that your iTunes account has been locked, etc. They said to use the home button and if the notice went away, then it wasn’t from Apple. As you say, for heavens sake use your intelligence. Always think it’s a scam and check, check, check before entering any information via an email, text message, or pop-up.

    ReplyDelete