Saturday, May 20, 2017

I absolutely hate the search function on G+.

I absolutely hate the search function on G+.
I realize that they PTB (powers the be) are trying to
make this into something unsocial and all but yikes !
So today I wanted to PM someone.
I've just about given up doing that. It's just too damn
much trouble, right ?
But then I remembered, I'm a plusser. There's always a
way. (and usually a better way too)
So I posted my slightly risque and totally politically
incorrect msg. to a circle of zero members. The one I use to
save things to for later. I just tagged the person I wanted to
and BINGO. Easy peasie personal message sent.
How do you msg. your peeps ?

10 comments:

  1. Yes personal messaging used to be so easy. Now it's a pain. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given up on PM. for that FB, and if they aren't there, big hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so bad if you try my method Max. Besides, Mr Zuckerbutt reads all your PM's over there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personal messages in G+ have always been fairly simple unless I'm mistaken - simply create a post TO whomever ye wish to message - only they can see it (even though it looks like anyone can when ye see it in yer stream).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you sent one latlely Capt. John Swallow ? It takes a lot more work and effort and time than it used to. I have a really slow connection and it takes me about 2-3 minutes just to get to the point where I can begin to compose one. By then I've usually forgotten what I wanted to say anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ted kelly just to clarify, are ye sending on a PC of from yer phone? (only because sometimes there is a slight difference)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On My phone just now it took five clicks and a "C-A-P" to get to the "write something"

    1 on the writing "pen"
    1 on the "public"
    1 on see more
    1on search
    then C-A-P then
    1 on done

    I'll grant you that it only took a little over a half a minute though.
    I'll try one on the computer and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aye, ted kelly that's about the state of it...could be better. I suppose Google views it more as a Community/Public platform than for Private messages, but it could be simpler by at least three steps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believer they are trying to move the plus away from being a social network on purpose. It seems that everything that involves interacting with others gets more difficult over time.

    6 clicks on the computer BTW

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person Acupuncture Pen HQ

    ReplyDelete