Saturday, September 3, 2016

I was shooting a challenge shot last week for the word "Lines"

I was shooting a challenge shot last week for the word "Lines"
Lucky for me, I don't suffer from hay fever. It was still and sticky and awfully hot but I liked the results.
Then when I was packing up to go, the light started dancing in some powerlines and I ended up with a nice "sketch" project.

The pix are captioned and here is a very brief BTS if you care about such things. There was a whole lot of moving sliders around and trying different things but I'll keep the recap short. I'll skip over all the head scratching and bad words too.

The original shot was BIG. I cropped it for composition and also to cut down on the processing time. That left me with the third image. I used the pencil filter in G"MIC to make the second one and layered the third on top of it using the "color" layer mode. That's it.
(it looks so easy if you type it fast)

BTW - zoom in



No comments:

Post a Comment