Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I was in Japan when I first heard this. The words and music come together just right. This version is ok(ish) but you should d/l or find a higher quality copy because - well because youtube is a handy way to share but sometimes (usually) quality matters.

I was in Japan when I first heard this. The words and music come together just right. This version is ok(ish) but you should d/l or find a higher quality copy because - well because youtube is a handy way to share but sometimes (usually) quality matters.
Musically this piece always made me just a little uncomfortable. I love it but it just picks at my nervous system somehow. Todd Rundgren has often found a way to burrow into my brain and in this case he brings an atom bomb along...
#wordsandmusic   #antiwar   #neverforget  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHTOeN4pEo

2 comments:

  1. When was this created.? The first spoken part just lands right like a  bomb in the ears.....I can hear the screaming in the guitars..and the end, made my gut lurch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1977 - I had just finished getting my first real stereo system together. New music was hard to find on base. If you wanted anything beyond top forty stuff you had to go downtown. It had a pretty cover but I was expecting something more like "Hello It's Me"

    ReplyDelete