Saturday, December 10, 2011

You are either not being honest with yourself (I hope) or are hiding behind the shield of secular humanism on purpose. When you question your own beliefs and share your questions that is an honorable and honest thing to do. When you insist that others must question their beliefs - Yes, you are trying to exterminate something meaningful to them. I often (quite often) learn things about myself in these online discussions. I make a sincere effort to know the limitations of my knowledge and myself. If you are an honest and honorable person (like say an Atheist is) I hope you will look at your motivation. I love Atheists and respect Antitheists too but I don't care much for hypocrites.

3 comments:

  1. ted kelly "When you insist that others must question their beliefs"

    I could reply with "when you insist on mis-reading others' words".

    All I did was ask if you questioned your belief in Santa at some point, why did you not question your belief in God. And you know, you can question a belief without rejecting it; sometimes reflection results in a stronger belief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can't argue with that. In any case I wish you a Splendid Secular Season or whatever good wishes are acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wishes given with good intent are acceptable, including "Merry Christmas". :)

    ReplyDelete