Saturday, January 13, 2018

WPP2018 - Week 02 - Long/Short


WPP2018 - Week 02 - Long/Short

Françoise Dhulesia, Angela Migliore, Byron Sheldrick, Dave Hollis, Carmen Mandich, madhura ravishankar, Constantinos Catsoulis, Alicia Smith, Rob Masters, Francesco Scaglioni, Mary Wardell, Navin Upendran
#WPP2018
#WPP2018-Wk-02-Long/Short

Whew !
The weather has been uncooperative for the shot I planned. My back up one was only so-so because my model was too. The SOOC on this was just fine but darn it, I imagined it like this when I was dodging the cars and I was determined to present it like this.
The subject was mostly "enhanced" via The GIMP. The background is a result of one of my favorite "fun" filters. FACE FILTER is an odd one. It paints the picture in real time on your screen with a selection of "brushes". It's fairly quick too and can be found at http://face.haluska.sk/ There's nothing to download or sign up for and I found it on the Google Experiments page.

11 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for the theme. Well done ted kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one and thanks for more info on Gimp. Have to admit I haven;t had the time to learn yet another program but I'm always impressed w ith what you and others do in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Byron.
    Thank you too Mary. Most of my post work is done in FastStone Viewer. It's not nearly as fully loaded with features but is super easy to use. It comes in handy for me mostly for
    A straightening horizons
    B- Exposure problems
    C- Erasing unwanted items like a powerline or photo-bombing dog

    I do like to play with stuff like LunaPic or BeFunky and FaceFilter too. Just so I don't take myself too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your attitude, ted kelly - if we don't have fun with what we do what is the sense of doing it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work with that watercolour texture background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool image ted kelly!! Please be careful getting your shots!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ever so much everyone. And yes, I'll try to be careful. I wouldn't want my gear to get all messed up, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Works well. Before they developed Darktable pretty well all of my photo work was done in GIMP but for some reason I rarely open it now ( maybe I should do more so )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Francesco Scaglioni I'm not very good at it but sometimes I need just a little more than the basics. Also, GMic is a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete