Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'd like to believe that many people who fly this flag have good intentions. I am a native of the south myself and have been known to favor the expression, :The War of Northern Aggression" on occasion. I'm proud though to live in a state where this measure was overwhelmingly rejected.

I'd like to believe that many people who fly this flag have good intentions. I am a native of the south myself and have been known to favor the expression, :The War of Northern Aggression" on occasion. I'm proud though to live in a state where this measure was overwhelmingly rejected. 

Two notable quotes from the commissioner/deputy who proposed it:
1) “It ain’t got anything to do with race or anything like that,”
2)“I've been wanting to do that ever since the shooting in South Carolina,” James "Buddy" Randolph Greene County, TN

I'd like to believe that first quote. I just can't quite get there.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/1020/Tennessee-county-overwhelmingly-shuts-down-Confederate-flag-measure

1 comment:

  1. We have an expression in India ABCD - American Born Confused Desis - not fully Americanized, yet don't like India.

    Maybe time to coin one for Cross Eyed Confederates. ;-)

    ReplyDelete