Sunday, January 20, 2013

Have a quick read, even if you are tired of the subject. This is different from the other stuff.

Have a quick read, even if you are tired of the subject. This is different from the other stuff.

Originally shared by Kathy E. Gill

I think reporters/journalists should speak accurately when they characterize a presidential act

I think reporters/journalists should provide correct information if a source says something that is untrue

Finally, I think reporters/journalists should CORRECT their mistakes.

My heartburn with the reporting this week is more with the "23 executive orders" than the confusion of three memoranda which were presented as executive orders. But a memorandum is NOT an executive order; it doesn't have a filing number (which means not easily counted) and it doesn't have to be filed in the Federal Register. Although there is a legal opinion from 2000 equating their effectiveness, they ain't the same animal.
http://themoderatevoice.com/173856/meme-busting-what-exactly-did-obama-do-this-week-regarding-gun-policy/

1 comment:

  1. I love honest data and a person who uses it in an attempt to get others to think.  I would repost this, if I didn't expect those non-thinkers to accuse me of supporting her (unstated therefore unknown) stance on gun control and therefore serving as a catalyst for an avalanche of idiocy that ends with me banning some idiot who patronizes me with his non-data and insults my gender so completely that I consider buying an assault weapon, going to his home, and forcing him at gunpoint to submit to a vaginal ultrasound.  I would add "LOL" except I'm not kidding.  It happened exactly like that ;)

    ReplyDelete