Sunday, January 22, 2012

I've long considered the traditional symbol with it's inherent contrast and complimentary nature to be a viable way to think about things. Lately it has occurred to me that a more nuanced view might be more accurate. Yes there is good and bad or black and white, but only at the edges.

I've long considered the traditional symbol with it's inherent contrast and complimentary nature to be a viable way to think about things. Lately it has occurred to me that a more nuanced view might be more accurate. Yes there is good and bad or black and white, but only at the edges.
I've always thought that the dividing line between to two is where the "action" is. In todays society I believe that I've had it backwards. The extremes, the edges are where it's all happening. I've looked at it from a flat plane perspective. The view we see shows; at least in this image; greys fading towards each other. I think of the white line as a symbolic marker rather than a separator.
This view I believe is more accurate. The closer to the divider the closer the people or ideas are to each other. Towards the edges you find blacker blacks and purer whites. And here is where it gets interesting. If this is a two dimensional representation of a globe -
The black and the white still come together but on the other side.
http://sapientology.com/life/yin-yang-meaning/

No comments:

Post a Comment